1. General assessment guidance
- Your summative assessment for Leading Business Organisations is a Coursework submission.
- For coursework, the submission word limit is 3,500 words. You must comply with the word count guidelines. You may submit LESS than 3,500 words but not more. Numerical tables, diagrams, bibliography, appendices, annex and headings are NOT included within word count calculations. You must specify total word count on the front page of your report. The Presentation needs to be 6-8 slides.
- For coursework, please use font size 12 for body text and the typeface (font) should be Arial or Times New Roman with minimum 1.5 spacing.
- For headers and titles, please use font size 14. Your submission must have standard margins and page numbers.
- Please use English (UK) as your language in the submission.
- Do not put your name or contact details anywhere on your submission. You should only put your student identification number (SRN) which will ensure your submission is recognised in the marking process.
- A total of 100 marks are available for this module assessment and you are required to achieve minimum 50% to pass this module.
- You are required to use only Harvard Referencing System in your submission. Any content which is already published by other author(s) and is not referenced will be considered as a case of
2. Assessment brief
This assessment includes a case study with questions 80% and a power point presentation 20%, both submitted via the VLE. You must achieve an overall pass.
2.a. Instructions: Case Study
1) Read the following case study and questions.
2) You will need to provide evidence of your research to support your arguments, (you should avoid using mainly internet sites such as mindtools.com and businessballs.com)
3) You are expected to do your own research on the leadership styles. Here are a couple of articles to help you https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/about/ or http://smallbusiness.chron.com/googles-business-leadership-organizational-culture-58108.html
4) It will not be sufficient to just write a descriptive report, no matter how good an account you provide. It is important, therefore, that you draw on and refer to appropriate theory for your critique.
5) Please ensure that you use feedback from your formative assessments as this will aid you in the completion of this assessment.
2.b. Instructions: Power Point Slides
Part b – Power Point Presentation on a topical debate.
This part of the assessment will contribute 20% towards your overall module grade.
You are required to critically discuss 2 leadership models or theories of your choice.
- You can chose any models and theories from the literature.
- You will need to compare and contrast the different models and theories using evidence from the literature to support your discussions.
- You will need to prepare a power point presentation (Approximately 6-8 slides)
- There will be a webinar briefing with the Module Leader to provide you with some additional support.