Your job is to complete one of the following research questions: (Please remember that you are to only answer one question)
1) We understand that Access, Ability and Empowerment are key to improving the digital divide. With your research find key examples that demonstrate this and explain how we can use these as a benchmark to eliminate the digital divide.
2) ISYS100 was designed as a unit that makes you think about the world we live in. Taking this comment consider how the internet has changed our lives positively and negatively with examples from the unit and using your own research also.
3) The word “sustainability” is thrown around a lot in the IT sector. Explain the importance of green IT and sustainability.
4) It is said that “that social networks can lead to social upheaval and ruin peoples’ lives”, explain how Social Networks can be a way of connecting people and discouraging people to communicate.
5) Google is a company that has created a road map for what IT companies should be like; explain how Google can be considered to be one of the world’s best companies and at the same time one of the world’s most secretive organisations.
6) Throughout the world there has been an increase in discussions regarding “Censorship of the Internet”, explain how Censorship can work in some instances but in others it can be a detriment to society.
7) We live in a world where the internet plays a pinnacle role in our day to day lives. Discuss how the internet has caused an ethical debate on our information privacy.
You will need to submit your paper to turnitin before submitting it in hard copy to the sibt office.
Remember your research paper must be your own work. Therefore, your research paper must be submitted to Turnitinvia our ilearn page first then a hard copy.
Please note that when submitting your research paper in hard copy you must include the following:
- SIBT cover sheet with student ID number, tutorial/class etc.
- Turnitin% (you can print screen this).
- Your STUDENT ID and NAME SHOULD be printed in the Header of each page you print. (This is at the top of the page)
Any submission not containing a cover sheet and turn it in % may not be considered for marking.
You are responsible for assessing its level of plagiarism. Although you can submit the report to Turnitin as many times as you like before the due date, only the final submission will count to Turnitin. Any Turnitin Report with 15%+ plagiarism will be carefully reviewed and marks deducted equivalent to the percentage.
– Word Length: Approximately 2400 words
– 1 ½ spacing. (Paragraphs)
– 12 pt font
– Single Sided Paper
– Referencing Style: Harvard or APA is satisfactory.
– Please remember that you will need to have at least Four (4) varying references. For example: Journals, WebPages, Newspaper articles and Text books (You will need to include: Reference List and an Appendix).
– You must include a coversheet that is available from SIBT
No exceptions will be granted. Any late assignment will receive a 10% penalty per business day. Anything later than 4 business days will not be marked.